Jamestown Healing Clinic (JHC) is accepting applications for a full-time Security Guard to join our growing team!
The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment for patients and employees in an integrated care clinic that provides primary care, dental, behavioral health, and opiate use disorder treatment. This position will work closely with the Security Manager to uphold all safety and security measures to protect against harassment, threats or violence towards patients and employees at the JHC.
Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe has implemented COVID-19 safety measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, patients, Tribe, and vulnerable citizens of our community, which includes required masking regardless of vaccination status. All healthcare staff are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to starting their first day of employment.
About Jamestown Healing Clinic
The Jamestown Healing Clinic (JHC) is a new integrated care clinic that will be opening Spring 2022. JHC will provide comprehensive patient care including an opioid treatment program, primary care, dental, substance abuse disorder counseling, and behavioral health. We believe a holistic service delivery approach is most effective at providing sustained recovery for those struggling with addiction. That’s why in addition to offering substance abuse disorder treatment, we will also be offering a robust group of wrap-around services to best address the total needs of our patient population, such as child-watch, transportation and individualized care coordination. Learn more about our healing clinic at: https://jamestownhealingcampus.org/
As a Security Guard, you will:
- Uphold all safety and security policies and procedures
- Patrol and monitor assigned areas both inside and outside building perimeter
- Monitor surveillance cameras
- Uphold all reporting requirements for suspicious activities and or incidents; complete required paperwork to include completion within the designated timeframe
- Communicate with tact and diplomacy to help diffuse a heated situation
- Maintain all security checks needed to ensure the JHC is secure after business hours
- Assist with internal investigations
- Maintain good rapport with JHC patients, staff, and leadership to create a safe, therapeutic environment and culture of healing
- May cross-train to cover for Custodian when needed
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional personal and ethical boundaries, empathy, and effective communications skills
- Ability to work in a cross-culture environment, understands the social and cultural context of the patients utilizing the JHC
- Demonstrate initiative, work independently with little supervision
- Understands and adheres to state (RCW, WAC) and federal confidentiality regulations (42 CFR part 2) and conduct self ethically and professionally.
- Knowledge of, and culturally sensitive to, the challenges of the patients being served at the JHC
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for patients being cared for at the JHC
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Uphold all current vaccine requirements for employment
- CPR/First Aide Certification or ability to complete employer provided training upon hire
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background check investigation
- Valid Washington State Drivers License: ability to travel locally and regionally as assigned
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Security Guard training certification
- One (1) year experience working as a Security Guard
- Experience working in a clinical setting
- Knowledge of current State and Federal requirements for safety and security measures
- Experience using security software and applicable safety and security equipment
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply