Registered Medical Assistant
Jamestown Healing Clinic (JHC) is searching for a full-time Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) to join their team!
The RMA is responsible for patient care under the direction of a physician, ARNP, PA-C or other licensed health care provider at the JHC. This position will work as part of a team for an integrated care clinic that combines primary care, dental, behavioral health, and opiate use disorder treatment.
Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe has implemented COVID-19 safety measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, patients, Tribe, and vulnerable citizens of our community, which includes required masking regardless of vaccination status. All healthcare staff are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to starting their first day of employment.
About Jamestown Healing Clinic
The Jamestown Healing Clinic (JHC) is a new integrated care clinic that will be opening Spring 2022. JHC will provide comprehensive patient care including an opioid treatment program, primary care, dental, substance abuse disorder counseling, and behavioral health. We believe a holistic service delivery approach is most effective at providing sustained recovery for those struggling with addiction. That’s why in addition to offering substance abuse disorder treatment, we will also be offering a robust group of wrap-around services to best address the total needs of our patient population, such as child-watch, transportation and individualized care coordination. Learn more about our healing clinic at: https://jamestownhealingcampus.org/
As a Registered Medical Assistant, you will:
- Provide all services as described in the American Association of Medical Assistants Occupational Analysis and Skill sets
- Room patients – obtain and document vitals, patient history if necessary, and chief complaint as directed by provider and clinic protocol
- Maintain medical records to include scanning, recording, and updating information
- Process orders, prescription requests, pre-certification or authorization of medications or procedures
- Record patient charges as needed for electronic billing
- Assist the provider with patient information pertaining to follow up care
- Follow up on results of lab and radiology reports as directed by the provider
- Provide laboratory and radiology preparation
- Schedule diagnostic tests and referrals as needed
- Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, perform procedures such as WAIVED lab tests, venipuncture, and immunizations.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols.
- Wrapping items for autoclaving of medical instruments and disinfecting other medical devices that come into patient contact.
- Maintain work area, exam rooms, supplies, medications, and immunizations.
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures
- Always maintain professional appearance and personal conduct
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, staff, and management
- Document work processes as required
- Adhere to all JHC policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, and work practices as described in the Occupational Exposure Control Plan and HIPAA
- Cross-train to assist staff with other duties as assigned
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A current Washington State Medical Assistant Registration or have the ability to obtain upon hire.
- One (1) year of experience working in a medical facility
- CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to complete employer provided training upon hire
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation
- Understands and adheres to state (RCW, WAC) and federal confidentiality regulations (42 CFR part 2)
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding procedures and billing processes
- Knowledge of medication administration procedures and processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication
- Uphold all current vaccine requirements for employment
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as assigned
- Valid Washington State Drivers License
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Two (2) years of other medical experience preferred, including C.N.A., Medic, or other related medical experience
- Knowledge of Local, State, and Federal Laws and Regulations
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate initiative, work independently with little supervision
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply