Patient Care Coordinator - JHC
Jamestown Healing Clinic (JHC) is accepting applications for a full-time Patient Care Coordinator (PCC)
The JHC PCC is responsible for providing patient care coordination and customer service by completing a variety of functions in support of our patients utilizing our dental and medical services at the Jamestown Healing Clinic. This position requires a professional demeanor, excellent attendance, an understanding of general office receptionist duties, strong communication skills, and a strong desire to provide exceptional customer service to co-workers and JHC patients alike. Typical duties include answering telephones and routing calls, scheduling appointments, interacting with patients, collecting co-payments, and outstanding balances, posting payments, and verifying and updating insurance information. This position may also be responsible for a variety of clerical, financial, and administrative duties integral to the daily operations of the JHC.
Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe has implemented COVID-19 safety measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, patients, Tribe, and vulnerable citizens of our community, which includes required masking regardless of vaccination status. All healthcare staff are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to starting their first day of employment.
As a Patient Care Coordinator, you will:
- Quickly and accurately manage incoming calls from multi-line phone system including accurately composing and routing messages
- Greet patients and visitors in a timely, professional, courteous, and friendly manner
- Check patients in for their appointments quickly and accurately
- Collect, verify, and input patient demographic data and insurance information
- Schedule patient appointments accurately according to JHC procedures
- Scan insurance cards into the electronic health record
- Assist patients with general tasks (completing paperwork, forms, calling a taxi, etc.)
- Accurately collect and post patient co-payments
- Participate in clinic meetings
- Cross train to fill in for other non-medical JHC positions, i.e., Child Watch
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of customer service
- Basic money handling/management, and office equipment experience
- CPR/First Aide Certification or ability to complete employer provided training upon hire
- Understands and adheres to state (RCW, WAC) and federal confidentiality regulations (42 CFR part 2)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background investigation
- Uphold all current vaccine requirements for employment
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Associates Degree
- Washington State Medical Assistant Certification eligibility for level A. C. E.
- One (1) year of reception experience in a clinic setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical billing processes
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply.